Jiu-Jitsu Safety Is 99% , The Remaining 1% Is All About the School
Safety is what we initially require when we are putting our kids into something relatively new to us (and especially to them). Getting them to train Jiu-Jitsu is perfectly safe. There are hundreds of schools out there with qualified instructors that will supervise your kids while in their classes. There is practically a 0% incident rate when kids get into Jiu-Jitsu. For one thing, good Jiu-Jitsu schools carry an honest, well thought out system that is designed to instruct kids and pair kids to practice with other kids.
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a martial art form that is very safe.
Kids Need Role Models Outside the Household
It is typical for kids to find role models outside the household. There is a difference between having parents as role models, and having another person as one. Children often identify themselves with role models outside of the household. Typically these are individuals whom they may share common interests with.
“Kids need heroes,” as I’d like to quote Prof. Flavio Almeida of Gracie Barra San Clemente
Kids Need Tangible Goals
Kids today have goals. But are these goals fruitful? Are the goals of gaining a higher level in online video games, or becoming the most popular in school, goals that will help them in the future?
Kids who get into martial arts will have tangible goals. Something that they can measure and be proud of. Getting them into the Gracie Barra Little Champions program will surely give them the boost and the goals that they need to be better individuals. When a kid gains a stripe, the entire Gracie Barra family celebrates!
Jiu-Jitsu Teaches Children Great Habits
Young kids need do develop good habits. It can be anything from being early for martial arts class, to being polite and courteous in their Dojos, to preparing their Gis, to even being conscious of their hygiene. Gracie Barra is known to have a strong kids program that propagates and promote these things.
Research also suggests that physically active children grow up to be less prone to stress and have a higher than most emotional quotient.
Karate for Kids is Great, But Jiu-Jitsu is a Lifestyle
I love karate. Personally, I grew up watching all of the Karate Kid sagas between 1984 to 1989, but my preference towards Jiu-Jitsu is more on its practical use (both self-defense wise) and the lifestyle that it promotes. Stepping into a Gracie Barra school will mean a change in lifestyle. Kids should start early in changing their lifestyle. During the formative years of 6 until 12, children start developing their personal habits and preferences. These are eating habits, play, work, and disposition. Getting them into Jiu-Jitsu will help them follow a great lifestyle through the teachings of Master Carlos Gracie Jr.
A Jiu-Jitsu School is the Best Place to Make New Friends
Is your child a bit shy? Is your child having a hard time meeting new people and making new friends? Getting them into Jiu-Jitsu can help bring out the inner tiger in them. Think of Gracie Barra as a place where your kids can develop great habits and goals with lots of martial arts and a lot of other kids wearing a good-looking uniform!